The association begun as East Africa Dental Association and was changed to Kenya Dental Association on 28th November 1960. It was founded with the objective of promoting the advancement of dental Practice in Kenya. It has also acted as a as a welfare organ for dental practitioners as well as one of the key promoters of oral health awareness in the country.
Dr. George OgonjiFM
Prof. Francis MacigoCW
Dr. Christopher Wagaiyu
National Governing Council
Dr. Tim Theuri
Dr. Kahura Mundia
Dr. Douglas Oramis
Dr. Elizabeth Bwibo
Dr. Cliffland Mosoti
Dr. Arnold Malit
Dr. Linus Ndegwa
Dr. Grace Mugure
Dr. Krishan Sarna
Dr. P.J. Muriuki,
Dr. Aysha Machatha
Dr. Reno Omoro
Dr. John Ngoru
Dr. Andrew Wetende
Dr. Lilian Apadet
Dr. Emily Cheruiyot
Dr. Dennis Cheruiyot
Dr. Edward Kabubei
Dr. Julius Nyoru
Dr. Luvay Hamid
Dr. Malvi Shah
Dr. Raj Makwana
Dr. Immaculate Opondo
Dr. Anthony Ganda
Dr. Stephen Wandei
Strategic Priorities and Objectives
To retain the current membership while growing the membership by a minimum of 40 new members annually.
Strategic Objective 1
- Complete the database of all current and potential members
- Annual Membership subscriptions to be mailed by end of November of every year.
- Prepare a monthly membership drive schedule and implement it.
- Have a personal follow-up and quarterly branch visits by the NEC & NGC.
- Review & reinvigorate membership benefits.
- Develop an engaging and robust program for all members.
- Develop a comprehensive mechanism to increase member’s participation in KDA’s activities.
To be good steward of the Associations Funds by complying with all the statutory requirements.
Strategic Objective 2
- Initiate the association’s budgeting cycle effective 2019.
- Initiate and empower NGC’s Investment committee.
- Ensure Financial Statutory compliance.
- Explore and implement branch funding matrix to enable them run with their own cash flows.
Governance and Leadership
To promote an efficient and effective governance and administration system that provides transformational and accountable Leadership and governance to the Association.
Strategic Objective 3
- Implement the Association’s reviewed Constitution.
- Establish and implement a monitoring and Evaluation team at the NGC level to oversee the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Empower NGC on Professional Corporate Governance practices.
- Annually Conduct a Risk, Legal and compliance audit.
Continuous Professional Development
To promote a body of Oral Health professionals.
Strategic Objective 4
- Roll out at least two (2) continuous professional training monthly
- Leveraging on technology to deliver e-learning
- Publishing of a quarterly professional magazine
- Delivery of one scientific conference annually
- Quarterly hands-on training session
Community outreach and Oral health awareness
To create Oral Health awareness while giving back to the communities.
Strategic Objective 5
- Increasing the number of formally employed (white color) dentists in Kenya
- Establishment of a partnership policy
- Community partnership framework
- Design and distribution of Oral Health Promotional materials
- KDA’s outreach program calendar
- Corporate social Responsibility
Advocacy for quality affordable oral health care
To develop and implement a professional proactive and reactive agenda or response to matters of oral health in Kenya.
Strategic Objective 6
- Establishment of a NGC team for Advocacy
- Establishment of a framework for public advocacy
Promotion of Dentistry as a career
To Promote, support and encourage dentistry as a professional career in Kenya.
Strategic Objective 7
- Career talks to schools to promote Dentistry as a career
- Introduction of short courses focusing on soft skill, life skills & business skills
- Mentorship programs